Crank up your speakers for this one. We’re talking Breastaurants. The fastest growing restaurant segment.
Okay, yes, it needs to be said that they’re not really their own segment, in terms of the dining or service model. But they have carved out their own niche.
Get a full rundown of restaurants that fit this theme on our dedicated breastaurant page.
In today’s episode we learn that Randy is 2.1% Neanderthal, following his DNA test results from 23andme.com, and we talk about the booming business of breastaurants, or, restaurants where scantily-clad females are a big element of the brand. Among the questions we tackle:
- Can breastaurants stand the test of time? Does something need to evolve about them in the coming years, with more entrants to the space?
- What other variations on the concept are starting to emerge? How about a coffee chain based in Seattle!
- There’s more to the story than girls serving food here — so what is it, exactly?
Listen, many of us got our start in the restaurant industry, so it shouldn’t surprise you that plenty of highly successful women got their start working at one of these restaurants.
Randy had a great experience at a local eatery called Petiscos in Claremont, California. Everyone sits outside on picnic tables at Petiscos, and the food is authentic through and through. This is the only location, so check them out when you fly through the Ontario airport in southern California. Listen in to hear more details on why Randy loves Petiscos.
Brandon had another outstanding experience at the Fashion Valley (San Diego) location of Stacked. Stacked’s slogan is “Food Well Built.” You build your own burger or pizza, and you can go as high-tech or low-tech as you like in building it — with the on-table, custom-built iPads, or by telling your server what you like. Listen up to hear why Brandon loves Stacked.
Have you eaten at either of these concepts? Give us your thoughts on them!
Share YOUR Best Bites
Have you had a great experience — or an unfortunate one — at a unique concept, whether that’s an independent restaurant or a chain location? Call us at (888) 279-9918 to tell us about your experience.
How You Can Participate with Table Touch
- Give us a 5-star rating along with your comments in iTunes.
- Listen to us on Overcast.
- Listen to us on Spreaker.
- Follow along and talk to us on Twitter or Facebook.